Today is one of the last days of packing our house before moving in with my mom-in-love and dad-in-love. It is so bittersweet. I am working on a short series about selling our house in only 5 days to the 2nd people that cam to see it. That will go live soon.
But for now, I am reminiscing on all of the memories that we shared at this house.
We have lived in this house a little shy of 2 years. What happened in the past two years?
- We moved in when Addie was about 4 months old.
- In this house we witnessed her learning to sit up on her own.
- She learned to crawl on this carpet.
- She figured out how to pull herself to her feet.
- Her first words were spoken between these walls.
- This house is where she turned one year old!
- Layla was conceived here.
- We announced our pregnancy at Addie's 1st birthday party.
- I had all of my midwife appointments here... in my living room.
- I started my business here.
- We got Spock, our cat, when we moved to this house.
- This was our first home that we owned... okay that we paid the bank to own.
There are certain rooms in the house that hold special memories as well. For instance, I look in my almost empty bedroom and remember when Layla was born. That feeling of becoming a Mom the second time around. Addie's room is where I spent countless hours rocking my first nursling in the middle of the night. Our living room has always hosted laughs and giggles. The back yard became my husband's miniature soccer practice field. The pool is where my husband swam every night after work until the water got to be about 40 degrees.
Moving is an exciting and stressful time for anyone. It has been a true learning experience with having a toddler and an infant to tote around while doing errands and packing the house up.
We are moving back to the country and out of a neighborhood. We will have more property to stretch out on, and maybe even some animals and a garden.
I guess I will go continue packing since it is taking me twice the normal amount of time to pack our house.
Stay tuned for my mini series on preparing our house to go on the market, and selling our home.